At ohwhatsthis Limited (OWT), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you are visiting www.ohwhatsthis.com and our social networking pages.
We use the personal information we collect from you to provide and enhance our service to you. We only share your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws.
We will not rent, sell or share your personal information with any other company without your consent except where mentioned in this policy. We use your personal information to support and enhance our relationship with you.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect and store the following kinds of personal information from you:
- If you register as a user of the website, we will ask you to provide your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- If you place an order with us you will be required to provide your credit and debit card details. OWT will not receive this information;
- If you contact us by email, contact form or web chat we may ask you to provide your contact details as listed above;
- We may collect, store and use information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the Website and your visits to and use of the Website (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version, Internet Service Provider, operating system, referral source/exit pages, length of visit, page views, website navigation and search terms that you use);
- We may store information about your purchase history and browsing habits only to improve your experience in using the Website to suggest Products that might be of interest to you;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys and give feedback that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- If you access the Website through a social networking profile, we may collect, store and use the details of that social networking profile and any information contained therein in order to populate any forms you might wish to complete on the Website.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All the information we collect via the Website, or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Enabling you to use the website;
- Enabling Sellers to deliver goods to you and handle returns and refunds. Our Sellers may use subcontractors to assist with delivery and fulfilment to process and provide your orders to you;
- Improving your browsing experience by including analysis of shopping habits, success of advertisements and push notifications and product and style preferences of your purchases.
- Dealing with enquiries, feedback or complaints from you.
- Technical administration of our website.
- Sending you newsletters and other relevant offers, news, and information about the services we offer.
- To provide third parties with statistical anonymised information about our users.
During your registration process you are given the opportunity to select some of the ways in which we may use your details. If you place an order, subscribe to any newsletter published by us, or otherwise register your email address with OWT you are consenting to receive any newsletters by us or to receive other targeted and relevant promotional communications from us or other carefully chosen affiliates. We offer you the option to opt-out of to this service.
Except to the extent required by any applicable law or governmental or judicial body, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party other than to a Seller from whom you have purchased.
Please note that Sellers will maintain a record of your transactions with them. We are not responsible for any breach of any such legislation or standards by any Seller.
MANAGING YOUR ORDERS
We may monitor and review communications between you and our Sellers on our Content Management System (CMS), solely for the purposes of ensuring that your orders are managed appropriately by our Sellers and our customer service team, and in accordance with the terms and conditions that we have in place with our Sellers.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
HOW WE STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take the security of your personal data very seriously. In particular we use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal data.
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication so we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent to us through the website. We are not responsible for any damages, which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
We take every precaution to protect your information. All personal information stored by us is kept on a server in a secure environment.
We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may include links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of third party websites.
By visiting and continuing to use this Website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to ohwhatsthis.com using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience.
The data we collect through these cookies is solely for the purpose of enhancing our website and your browsing experience – it is never used to identify you and we would never share or sell on this data.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files stored, either on a temporary or persistent basis on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are used for authenticating, session tracking and maintaining specific information about the use and users of the Website.
The data collected by cookies is anonymous. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer`s hard drive by searching for files with “cookie” in it and deleting them.
Unfortunately when cookies are blocked, like many other websites, the ohwhatsthis.com website will not work and you may not be able to use the full functionality of the website.
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won’t be able to add products to your basket or buy them. To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do this.
In order to improve ohwhatsthis.com and the services we offer you, we may use (temporary and persistent) cookies, authorized third parties cookies, web beacons and/or other technologies to collect non-personally identifiable data. This non-personally identifiable data helps us to track browsing behaviour, to create specific or tailor-made offers or advertisements, and to monitor and record the visits and use of the Website.
In order to understand how people use the Website and for marketing analysis and quality improvement purposes, we (and/or third party service providers) may collect, record, process and use on an anonymous basis certain information (including the total number of transactions, viewed pages, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp information and details like the number and location of mouse clicks on a given page, mouse movements, scrolling activity and the search words you use while being on and using the Website).
Our sellers are bound by the same legislation as us, and if they gather or keep your information, they must give you all relevant information about their policy, as well as giving you the opportunity to opt in or out of certain ways in which they might use that information.